Monday, December 5, 2011

Random Fashion NOs!

Alright Swiss Monsters, it's been a while since I've offered a bit of fashion advice. You see, my method for determining what is a fashion "NO" is not a simple one. Every morning, I sit in a chain coffee shop and observe. I observe not only what timepieces are being worn (luxury and economy, as most often the cheapest watch has a luxury equivalent ) but also what attire the owner's are wearing. I feel this method of observation exemplifies advertising in motion. I think its fair to say that most people's daily wardrobe in the United States falls between an acceptable margin.  However, I live in Louisiana (for international guest: Louisiana is an interesting and diverse state with a rich and sometimes dissonant history, making it in many aspects still very different from the rest of the United States.) In short, my perspective of norm extends to a business man wearing a suit, tie, digital watch and a hunting camouflage hat. You see, I've learned to just let "Jessie The Hillbilly" count as normal and as such my pointing out a "Fashion NO!" is a bit more difficult than say, if I were living in a swankier place. The other side of this, is that my examples are often more extreme and thus more comical!

Enter: Random Fashion NOs!

Disclaimer, I am not a fashion Guru. I have said this before, " I simply know what looks good on me and awful on everyone else". Further more, I truly believe that anyone who loves fine timepieces, fundamentally loves design. I feel it is important to be aware of trends and evolution in fashion. This can be financially profitable while ignorance can be irresponsible. One has to know when to buy in and when to sell out!

Fashion NO #1

- Now, after digressing quite a bit-

It is NEVER acceptable to leave a collared button up shirt unbuttoned four spaces, just to show either chest hair or a 9k gold necklace. It doesn't matter that your wearing a Rolex Day-Date, unless your first name is Tony and last name Soprano, button up! This is just my opinion. Do what you like, but a guy writing a blog may poke fun at you.



-JKS

No comments:

Post a Comment