Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Swiss Monster's Grumpy Thursday Opinion.


ROLEX SKYDWELLER

" I'd like to see it in person. However, I WILL NOT BUY ONE @ the current price point."




After a day of reflection & wallowing in my man-cave. I have come to the conclusion that the price point of Rolex' "Sky-Dweller" upsets me more than the design.

It is my opinion, however, that there are some significant flaws in terms of design such as:

1. No Lume on numbers.
2. NO STAR indices or moonphase----come on guys "Sky"
3. NO WEEK DAY display (Such as the Day-Date/President).

I mean... come on this new model essentially eclipses the Day Date in price and complexity yet it does not display the freaking DAY

Prices
SkyDweller or Bank Dweller

Calendar white gold (bracelet ) $51,100 USD
Calendar yellow gold (bracelet )$48,320 USD
Calendar pink gold with strap $41,320 USD

I'm very disappointed.

However, truth is I prefer watches older than me anyway nowadays.

Cheers,

Jeremy





P.S The vintage moon-phase was made between 1948-1953. They had it right back then...

-JKS

No comments:

Post a Comment