Friday, November 25, 2011

Forum Find: A Charming Post.

While going through the forums, I ran across a lovely post.

Sunny Arizona
"TRF" Member

Came home this morning from running and found the wife in the kitchen making our turkey day feast. I went upstairs to get cleaned up agonizing over all the people coming over, who year after year seem to get on my nerves. Maybe I'll slam a couple drinks before they come over I was thinking.

Went to put on my Explorer I (114270) and it was not where I left it this morning. Maybe I left it in my safe...nope not there. Maybe in my desk drawer...nope not there.
I was just getting ready to blame my five year old...after all I came home one day to find him wearing my Sub (c) when I spotted my lovely wife peeling potatoes with something different on her wrist. Looking over spotted my V Serial Explorer I. Knowing that I better not say a word I said, "that looks nice on you." She said that it was a "cute little watch, do you mind if I keep it for a while?" Of course not I said

Wisdom is the art of knowing when to shut up and when to talk. This is the woman who never complains about anything, doesn't care when the FEDEX guy shows up with something in a box for me, and worried herself to death while I did two tours in Iraq. All she ever has asked for was a new kitchen remodel and a baby when i finished the last tour. She got both.

I am very thankful for her, our 24 year old, 18 year old, 17 year old, and 5 year old but yet silently mourn what may be a permanant loss of my favorite watch-:} (she wore the same timex for going on 10 years)  


No comments:

Post a Comment