Monday, September 12, 2011

Random Fashion NOs! / Master Of Design

Hello again. today I have a joint post prepared. I'm not sure if this is because these subjects are pertinent or that I am lazy. I'll let you as the reader decide.

Fashion Nos!!
 I posted last week about how I despise when a gentleman in a suit sports a digital watch. I believe a digital timepiece diminishes the presence of a suit.

This week I have to post a "Fashion NO" that is inclusive of all types of watches. Whether your choice is Rolex or Timex. It is in my opinion, horrendous for anyone (senior citizens included) to wear a timepiece with the face of the watch facing on the underside of the wrist. I remember a few months back, I was enjoying a nice whiskey at a high-end nightspot, when I saw a gentleman guy wearing an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak in yellow gold. It is a wonder I was able to make out that it was a timepiece at all instead of a tacky gold bracelet. The absence of a pinky ring alluded to the fact this was indeed a timepiece. As the guy walked on, I saw the Royal Oak's familiar hexagonal face. I was completely puzzled as to why someone with a beautiful timepiece would do this. I have yet to find an adequate answer. I did arrive at a conclusion, however.

This practice (face down) damages the watch and also  affects the ability for a mechanical piece to keep accurate time. It results in scratching of the crystal and bezel (from desk diving) but Most importantly----------It's Tacky!!

(If anyone wears their timepiece like this, try not to take offense, I mean this in good humor- I'm sure...)


On a lighter note.

Ralph Lauren and his Polo collection has defined fashion and embedded itself within all cultures. Mr. lauren is an avid automobile collector as well as watch collector. As i've said before, Artist appreciate art. So, it is no surprise R.L  has aligned himself with the watch houses of Jager Lecoutre & Piaget. The manufacturers assist in the construction for his personal watch line. The pieces are beautiful with the balance of formality and sport, one has come to expect of R.L.

Picture below is my personal favorite from the collection.


See Link: Here! for more on Ralph Lauren Watches.

Ralph Lauren opened a  Boutique recently in the Rhinelander Mansion located in New York's Upper East Side. Featured on display there is a beautiful juxtaposition of Leica & a vintage Panerai 3646.
-JKS (The Head Monster)

No comments:

Post a Comment