Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rolex Mickey Mouse Watch...OK.

I've seen quite a few of these over the years. I have seen these with slight variance. Some with Mickey large enough to cover most of the dial, others at the 9'oclock direction. One thing I have never found is a dealer/owner who has a straight story as to the provenance (origin). These dials are normally found in stainless steel models (Precision, Date non quickset). I have heard from collector's who have purchased these that the RSC (Rolex Service Center) will not service or authenticate these. The RSC is notorious for not accepting or servicing pieces that are not 100% factory original. So, with that being said, the Rolex Mickey watch may or may have not been factory original. I'm not sure if anyone knows exactly. One thing is certain, however, the watch is kinda cool.




 -JKS


No comments:

Post a Comment